Establishing a Contract/Payment
1. The property known as North Eggardon Carthouse is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by ‘the owners’ to ‘the client’.
2. To reserve the “property”, the client should complete and sign the Booking Form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (30% of the total rent due). Following receipt of the Booking Form and deposit, the owner will send/email a confirmation invoice and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
3. The balance of the rent together with the security deposit is payable not less than six weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to re-let the property. In this event, clause 6 of these booking conditions will apply. Reservations made within six weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking.
4. Prices are in £ Sterling. Rentals are calculated in units of one week (unless otherwise agreed). Prices are subject to annual revision.
5. A security deposit of £250 for every week or part week of the rental period is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client’s liability to the owner. The owner will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due as soon as possible after the end of the rental period.
6. Subject to clauses 2 and 3 above, in the event of a cancellation on the part of the client, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the owner is able to re-let the ‘property’, and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, public liability etc, since these are not covered by the owner’s insurance.
7. In the event that the owners are constrained by unforeseen circumstances or by force majeure to cancel a reservation, they undertake to make every effort to secure the rental of a similar property of equal standing; failing this, all monies paid will be refunded in full.
The Rental Period
8. The rental period shall commence at 4.30pm on the first day and finish at 10.00am on the last day. The owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. Household staff will require access to the ‘property’ from 9 am at the end of the rental period for the purpose of removing household linen and commencing the inventory.
9. The maximum number to reside in the ‘property’ must not exceed 10 unless the owner has given written permission.
10. Household staff will require access to the property for purposes of essential repairs, maintenance and upkeep of the garden.
11. The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the ‘property’ and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The owner reserves the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover cleaning costs if the client leaves the ‘property’ in an unacceptable condition or if there is any damage, loss or missing items or exceptional consumption of services. Our manager will not accept additional people at the ‘property’. The client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those resident in neighbouring properties. Any subletting or assignment arrangements are not permitted. Caravans, tents or additional accommodation cannot be used on the ‘property’. The client is responsible for the security of the ‘property’ and the contents during the occupation period. Lighting fires or burning rubbish on the ‘property’ can be dangerous and is not permitted.
12. The client is responsible for ensuring the appropriate behaviour of all guests staying at the ‘property’, that items put at guests’ disposal are respected, and for any person entering the grounds at the invitation of the client or members of his or her party.
13. The client shall report to the owner’ agent without delay any defects in the ‘property’ or breakdown in the equipment, plant machinery or appliances in the ‘property’ or garden, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
14. The owner shall not be liable to the client:
a. For any loss or theft of property belonging to the client or to people under his or her responsibility;
b. For any death or injury to the client or to people under his or her responsibility;
c. For any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the ‘property’, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery or appliance in the ‘property’ or garden;
d. For any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner;
e. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the ‘property’ shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the owner shall, within 28 days of notification to the client, refund to the client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
15. Under no circumstances shall the owner’s liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
16. Sheets, towels and bedcovers are supplied. If the tenancy is for more than one week, household staff will replace all linen every Friday.
17. All items of household linen and towels are strictly reserved for indoor use only.
18. Smoking is not allowed inside the house
19. A wireless broadband connection is provided on the understanding that the connection cannot be guaranteed and on condition that it is not used for any illegal purpose.
20. Clients are strongly advised to ensure that they are covered by travel insurance including cover for accidents, civil liability, repatriation and damage.
21. Pets are not allowed.
22. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.